1. Hello, introduce yourself and tell us what your role is in the black metal band Isenblast?
I am Brian (Chronlith) Buckmaster, guitarist and vocalist of the band. I have handled the recording duties as well.
2. In what year did you start the band and could you give us a BRIEF history?
We formed in mid 2009 as just two guitarists, we got a lead on a suitable drummer late 2009, and he ended up being exactly what we needed. after a while of going without a vocalist, i decided to step up to the plate and pull double duties. We found a bass player once we got a few tracks from our first demo circulating around.
3. Tell us about some shows and gigs you guys have done, have you played any festivals worth mentioning?
We have played with some notable bands, Nile, Watain, Vektor, Melechesh, Rotting Christ, Incantation to name a few. We have a 3 day festival coming up in March, called Berserker Fest. a few notable bands on that one are Vektor, Voivod, Cannabis Corpse, Ghoul, and about 50 other local and national acts. We are looking forward to be playing along such great bands.
4. I see you will release a new mini album entitled “Altars of Blood” in 2016, is the sound much different from your previous release “Unleashing the Demon Scourge”?
Its slightly different. Unleashing the Demon Scourge was a very chaotic, sort of death metal approach. We kept the chaotic feel, but went back and added a bit more black metal influence. Theres still some death metal riffs as well, but also some unique riffs uncategorized by any genre. i feel these parts are what give us our unique sound, and we plan to capitalize on these parts in the future, and strip all generic parts from our music.
5. What are your lyrical concepts, do you stick to kind of the same themes?
I strictly write about Demonology and Luciferianism. No fake pseudo-satanist hipster garbage.
6. Tell us about the recording of your latest release.
We did it in my basement. i have a recording setup that will get us by for what we need for now, but i plan to improve my setup over time. i did not have the right equipment with me at the time of the recording, but we decided to move on with the process anyways. The actual EP will sound much better.
7. Tell us a little about the advanced Promo for “Altars of Blood”.
Its promoting the next EP, which i am actually not too excited about releasing. Its good material, but not our best. I look forward more toward the full length that will come after, as we already have the majority of material written for it.
8. Who is in the line up now?
We have experienced our first lineup change on this release, with the addition of our new bass player. He plays a 5 string compared to the last guy who played a four string. Maybe we will incorporate the lower notes more in the future.
9. What can people expect from Isenblast in the future?
We will constantly progress, like the true followers of the Luciferian Light. We constantly improve on our technical skill, and songwriting skills with every release. You can expect each release to be better than the last, until we have evolved into a force so strong that none will be able to compare.
10. Thank you for the interview, any closing words thoughts, information on contacting the band or where to get your merchandise.